Punjab University MA Political Science Syllabus For Private Candidates
UNIVERSITY OF THE PUNJAB Lahore NOTIFICATION
UNIVERSITY OF THE PUNJAB Lahore NOTIFICATION
Punjab University MA English Syllabus /Course Outline
The Appendix ‘A’ (Outlines of Tests) and Appendix ‘B’ (Syllabi & Courses of Reading for M.A. English Part-I and Part-II shall be effective from the Session 2018-2020.
The class admitted in the year 2002 will take their M.A. English Part-I Examination of 2003-to-2020 according to new syllabus in the year 2003-2020 towards : -
|Punjab University M.A English Part 1 Syllabus|
|Outlines of Tests||Marks|
|Paper 1||Classical Poetry||100|
|Paper 5||American Literature||100|
SYLLABI AND COURSES OF READING
1. Chaucer The Prologue
2. Milton Paradise Lost Books I & IX
3. Donne Love/Divine Poems
4. Pope The Rape of the Lock.
5. Wyatt The Long Love That in My Thought Doth Harbor, | Whose List to Hunt, | Madam Withouen Many Words, They Flee from Me. | Is it Possible Forget Not Yet, | What should I say | Stand who so list.
6. Surrey My Friend the Things That Do Attain Love, | That Doth Reign and Live Within My Thought, So Cruel Prison, | Wyatt Resteth Here.
1. Sophocles Oedipus Rex
2. Marlowe Dr. Faustus
3. Shakespeare Othello | The Winter’s Tale
4. Wilde The Importance of Being Earnest
1. Trollope Barchester Towers
2. Jane Austen Pride & Prejudice
3. G. Eliot Adam Bede
4. Dickens A Tale of Two Cities
5. Hardy The Return of the Native
1. Bacon Essays: Of Truth | Of Death | Of Revenge | Of Adversities | Of Simulation and Dissimulation Of Parents and Children | Of Great Place | Of Nobilitie | Of Superstition | Of Friendship | Of Ambition | Of Studies
2. Jonathan Swift Gulliver’s Travels
3. Bertrand Russell Unpopular Essays
4. Edward Said Only the introduction to the book entitled “Culture and Imperialism”
5. Seamus Heaney Only the essay “The Redress of Poetry” from the book entitled The Redress of Poetry
1. Adrienne Rich Diving into the Wreck | Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers Final Notation | Gabriel |
2. Sylvia Plath Ariel | Morning Song | Poppies in October | The Bee Meeting |The Arrival of the Bee Box | Your
3. Richard Wilbur Still Citizen Sparrow | After the last Bulletin Marginalia
4. John Ashbury Melodic Train | Painter
1. O’Neil Mourning becomes Electra (only the First of the Trilogy which is titled ‘The Home Coming’ is included in the M.A. Syllabus)
2. Miller The Crucible
1. Ernest Hemingway For whom the Bell Tolls
2. Toni Morrison Jazz
Essays About Myself | If I Were A Prime Minister
If I were a Prime Minister. I would like Aman Ullah of Afghanistan order reforms to be carried out at once in all departments of administration, in the social and economic life of the people though in doing so I may become unpopular like him. The masses are ignorant. They require guidance and may be forced to adopt new ideas and give up old and rotten customs. I look upon a Prime Minister as the servant of his people on whom God has placed a very heavy burden.
Essays About Myself | My Feelings On Getting Low Marks
Feelings are a strange thing. When man is happy, he feels good and when something goes against his temperament he feels bad. Thus at different times man has different feelings. The students have strange feelings while taking the examination. An examination is at best a gamble but after taking an examination we know slightly what we can except.
Essays About Myself | Why I Love Pakistan
Love is a great passion. It is natural that man loves his native country. The same case in with me. I love Pakistan because it is my dear homeland. It was a dream of Allama Iqbal. And the Quaid-e-Azam struggled hard against the Hindus and the British to turn it into a reality. It appeared on the map of the world on the 14th of August 1947. I love Pakistan because God gave it to us as a gift to fulfill our desire to make it an ideal Muslim State. We got it in the name of Islam.
Essays About Myself | How I Spend My Mid-Term Holiday
The climate of Murree suits me well, but there is a time in the year, usually when the rainy season is well advanced. When I begin to feel tired. This year I was feeling slack and not inclined for work, so I was quite pleased when my cousin Asim who had come down to have his eyes tested by an oculist asked me to come back to Murree for a few days with him. My father gave permission so I went off gladly.
Essays About Myself | When The Parents Are Angry
To lose the temperament is natural to man. When something goes against man's nature he loses temperament. So is with my parents. My parents are very gentle but they are not angels. They get angry sometimes but it is for a very short while. The anger of mother and father is of different type. Whereas my mother gets angry very often, my father is cool and calm.
Essays About Myself | How I Spent Last Friday
Friday is a holiday and there is a holiday in our school as well. Holiday is a day of rejoice and refreshment. Everyone wishes to spent it in a different way. Different people do different things on the same day.
Essays About Myself | How I Celebrate My Birthday
Some people celebrate their birthdays. In fact this is one of the ways to collect friends of a short time and have a nice meeting. On birthdays the friends and relatives present gifts. Gifts increase our love for others naturally. Everyone gets a chance to exchange views and ideas as well. My birthday is an important day in my life as well as in the Birthday of Pakistan. I was born on 23rd of March. It is the day when Pakistan Resolution was passed in Lahore at Minar e Pakistan.